Our ‘zingy’ lemon cake has to be one of the most popular choices of cake filling that we offer. The secret of the cake is the filling, the lemon cakes are filled with seriously delicious homemade lemon curd, made from an easy microwave recipe that I came across years ago. We are never in short supply of lemons out here in Spain, so lemon curd is a popular choice of mine to use the lemons up. For any of you that have an abundance of lemons that you need to find a use for, here is our Lemon Curd recipe – give it a try.
3 large lemons – Juice & Zest
– Melt the butter in a bowl in the microwave.
– Add all the other ingredients to the bowl and heat in the microwave for 5 mins on high.
– Remove the bowl and stir the mixture. Return to the microwave for a further 2/3 mins on medium, until thick.
– Remove from the microwave and allow to cool.
– Place in jars or containers, then place in the fridge.
– Lemon curd can be frozen for use at a later date.